Indeed, video poker is a globally popular casino game. Many video poker games can pay over 100% of a player’s initial investment if a perfect video poker strategy is used. It is no surprise that video poker is one of the most popular casino games due to its high payouts.
In the 1970s, ideo poker became a hugely popular form of gambling worldwide. Whatever the variation, video poker follows the same rules. Like slots, video poker machines generate the results of each player’s hand at random. Unlike slots, video poker has better odds than other casino games. Video poker is a game of chance, whereas slots are more predictable.
Most video poker games use a standard 52-card deck. You place a bet of 1-5 credits and get dealt five cards. By clicking/tapping a screen, you must decide which cards to keep. After choosing the “keep” cards, a new set of cards is dealt to replace the discarded ones.
The final hand may be a winner. Hands like jacks or better pay less than straight flushes or fours. Payouts are listed on a machine’s paytable and are based on winning combination and bet size. What is Jacks or Better Video Poker?
The most popular video poker game is Jacks or Better.
To be paid in this game, you need at least two Jacks. Hands worth less than a pair of Jacks are worthless, while superior hands pay according to a predetermined pay scale.
Here are the typical payouts for a Jacks or Better game (check your specific machine’s payouts when playing):
– 250x (with bonuses of 4000x or more when betting max credits)
Straight Flush – 50x 4s – 25x Full House 6x-9x Flush 5x-6x Straight 4x Three of a Kind 3x Two Pair 2x Jacks or Better 1x
You can only be paid for the highest hand value. A full house, for example, pays 6x-9x your bet, depending on the machine and the payout scale.
Nothing for a full house, three of a kind, and two pairs!
Video Poker Rules
Although there are numerous video poker game variations, they all follow the same set of rules:
- Table poker hands are used.
- You get five initial cards.
- You can keep or discard your cards.
- Your discards will be replaced by a single random draw.
- If your hand matches one of the qualifying poker hands, you win.
Video Poker Bonus
- Popular video poker games based on Jacks or Better include Bonus Poker, Double Bonus Poker, and Double Double Bonus Poker.
- The differences are specific hand bonus payouts. Bonus Poker pays out more for premium hands (quads or better), but the overall payout percentage is lower.
- Bonus Poker pays out more for four of a kind (quads). Bonus Poker variations also pay out higher amounts based on the four of a kind’s ranking.
- The full-pay version of Bonus Poker has a 99.2% payout return. The increased payout for quads reduces the payout for a full house.